Adabrock ( Gaelic: Adabroc ) is a village on the east side of Ness, its bordered by Eorodale, Skigersta, Cross Skigersta Road and Lionel.
In 1910 Donald Murray from Adabrock who, whilst digging for fuel in the peats, discovered several bronze implements which is now known as the Adabrock Hoard.
The Hoard consisted of many items including two socketed axes, a socketed gouge, a spear head, a tanged chisel and three thin oval tanged blades of the variety now generally described as razors – all items were bronze.
These items are now on display in Edinburgh in the National Museum of Scotland.
Adabrock has a working well – Tobair Alasdair Buachille. This is still used by many to obtain good fresh spring water for domestic use.
Like most villages of Ness, Adabrock had 3 shops.
Buth Aonghais Uig. Small grocer for a short time – late 40s to early 50s. The shop was situated where Calum a’ Bhodaich’s house is now.
Buth Syme – Donald Morrison – Grocer/general/draper. Renowned for the quality of the dyes he sold.
Buth a’ Ghladstoin – Donald Morrison – for a short period after moving from Lionel.